Thursday, November 11, 2010

LYNN: Welcome!

After creating this blog in February 2009, I left it to molder as I pondered what to do with the empty space in front of me. Well, the time has come to wake up and dust off the accumulated pixel grime. Much has taken place in the past year. The Race to the Top left Connecticut in the dustbin, for one thing. For another — I no longer have a single child in the public school system. Shocking, I know. Other than that, the world of education has continued without even a burp in the machinery.

Also, a new movie has been released getting a great deal of attention in all the education world. Perhaps you’ve heard of it?

Waiting for Superman. I haven’t seen the movie, but hope to this weekend along with a few of my friends (if I can drag them along). Which brings me to my final point.

My friend Rosemary has suggested that this blog, the Throwing Curves thing that I started so long ago, be turned into a joint venture. The basic idea is that she, Rosemary, and I, Lynn will blog in this space cooperatively and as a team.

Rosemary will be the voice of the political right on all things education. I will do my best to balance her out with the liberal left.

We are well-suited to this task as 1) I am indeed liberal, and 2) Rosemary is conservative, and 3) we have both spent a great deal of time thinking and talking about education.

The best part of it all is that we are more than civil in our discussions. This will be a place for an intelligent discussion of all things education and a place to seek and find common ground. To that end, we will moderate all comments and delete anything offensive or of the ranting/flaming variety. And we will be the final judges of that.

1 comment: